We hope to see you at SUNTA events at the meetings, including at the
- SUNTA Business Meeting–Thursday, November 18th from 6:15-8 p.m. Join us to honour the recipients of the inaugural SUNTA Senior Scholar Award.
- If you are interested in becoming active in the Committee on Refugees and Immigrants (CORI), please join us at the Saturday afternoon meeting (12:15-1:30).
- SUNTA is sponsoring 31 sessions in Minneapolis, including 4 invited or co-invited sessions on Thursday and Friday:
- “Urban Futures: Time, Technology, and Design From Here to Mars” (8 a.m.)
- ” Seeing States: Violence and Visuality in Urban, National, and Transnational Context” (with SVA) (1:45 p.m.)
- “Remaking the City: Infrastuctural Practices in Urban Africa” (1:45 p.m.)
- “Politics of Living Together in Postcolonial Europe” (with SAE) (8 a.m.)
We have also co-organized an Executive Session, the “Evidently Important: A Forum on Refugee Policies and Programs’ roundtable scheduled from Sunday 8-9:45 morning:
- The full list of SUNTA sessions is available in the AAA program at: https://www.eventscribe.com/2016/AAA/aaSearchBySection.asp?h=Browse%20by%20Section&f=CustomPresField1&CustomPresField2&BCFO=M&BCFO2=P&bm=auto
- SUNTA is again a co-sponor of the ABA-AFA-ALLA-AQA-SANA-SAW-SUNTA Joint Sections Reception on Friday evening after the AAA Business Meeting. Click here to see the flyer: Joint Receptions Invite 2016
SUNTA is beginning a new initiative to offer book reviews that highlight new work in the interdisciplinary field of urban, national, transnational, and diaspora studies. The reviews will be featured on SUNTA’s website.
If you are interested in being a reviewer and/or reviewing a particular book, please contact Anna Jaysane-Darr, SUNTA Book Review Editor, at email@example.com. Include a brief bio and summary of your particular areas of specialization.
Publishers may send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Month’s SUNTA Column in Anthropology Newsletter (pdf) »
Click here to access the SUNTA news column archive.
The Society for Urban, National and transnational Anthropology invites submissions for the SUNTA column published in the Sections News area of the monthly Anthropology News newsletter.
News updates, conference announcements, essays, and research summaries of interest and relevance to the general membership are welcomed. Columns can be up 700 words, and photos will be included as space allows.
Please contact SUNTA Secretary Andrew Newman (andrew.newman